Plan for Fasting
Fasting helps us discipline our bodies and soul to conform to God’s will and plan.
1 Corinthians 9:27 NLT “I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it
should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.”
Hos 13:4-6 "But I am the Lord your God, [who brought you] out of Egypt. You shall
no God but me, no Savior except me.
5 I cared for you in the desert, in the land of burning heat.
6 When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then
they forgot me.
Fasting can take different forms:
1. Drink only water (use distil water if you can access it) for 3 days. On the fourth day start drinking
juices. After a few days eat only fruits and vegetables (Daniel’s Fast) for the remaining days.
2. Drink only water (preferably distil water) for 7 days.
3. Fast one designated day a week for the whole year (52 weeks).
4. Fast 2 designated days a week for one year.
5. Fast 3-7 days every three months.
6. Skip one or two meals on designated days each week.
7. Do Daniels fast for as many days as God directs.
• This means consuming water, juices, vegetables, fruits only. You could designate one day a
week as your “meal day” and stay on Daniel’s fast for other days.
Check List to Make Your Time with God a Success
1. Make a firm commitment to God and yourself.
2. Consult a health profession to determine what is best for you physically.
3. Do not listen to your appetite, remember what Apostle Paul said: 1 Corinthians 9:27 NLT
“I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise,
I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.”
List the rewards you are expecting.
Write them down and review them daily.