- Posted by: Fred Okwir
- Category: Sermons
PRAYER AND FAST
15th May – 14th June 2019
(Please start every new day with the morning spiritual warfare prayer points provided to destroy the enemy’s program and evil cover over your life and region).
Theme: Open Heaven
An open heaven is a season of blessing when revelation is bountiful through God’s apostles and prophets, God’s people experience visitations from angels, out pouring of the Holy Spirit, God’s presence dwells among his people, and the church receives an influx of wealth and financial resources.
1. Isaiah 64:1 NLT “Oh, that you would burst from the heavens and come down! How the mountains would quake in your presence!”
2. Matthew 3:16-17 NIV As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
3. Mark 16:19-20 KJV “So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.”
4. Acts 1:8 KJV “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
5. Acts 2:1-4 KJV “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
6. Acts 4:29-31 KJV “And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, by stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were
assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.”
7. Acts 8:8, 14-17 KJV “And there was great joy in that city. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.”
8. Acts 19:2-6 KJV “He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John’s baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism
of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.”
9. 1 Corinthians 4:20 KJV “For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.”
10. Romans 14:17 KJV “For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”
1. Repent of all your sins and even sins committed along your blood line. Forgive all who have hurt you and you are still holding them in your heart.
2. Ask God to help guide you by his Holy Spirit during this prayer season.
3. Pray for God to baptise you with the Holy Spirit and power (pour out his Spirit and power upon your life) if you are not yet baptised. But if you are already baptised, pray for him to fill you with his Holy Spirit and power.
4. Pray for God’s visitation upon your life and VCCMI.5. Pray for God to release his spiritual gifts upon your life as a channel for releasing the power of the Holy Spirit in you for blessing God’s people.
1 Corinthians12:4-11 KJV
“Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another
discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.”
6. Pray for God to open the heavens and release mighty blessings upon the church by working out miracles, signs and wonders. Pray for cancer, HIV Aids, tumors, Hepatitis, blindness and all manner of ailments.
7. Pray for angelic visitations in answer to prayer.
8. Pray for financial breakthroughs and tangible blessings God’s people and the church needs.
9. Pray for an open heaven over every branch of VCCMI.
10. Pray for an open heaven over the church in Uganda.
11. Pray for an open heaven over Uganda and the City of Kampala leading to prosperity.
12. Pray for an open heaven over Luzira and Nakawa.
13. Pray for salvation of the lost beginning in your family and around the church and the city of Kampala and Uganda and the rest of the world.
14. Pray for miraculous resources for the Church building projects and missions.
15. Pray for God to remember his people and greatly bless the tithers, financial seed showers, sacrifices and all manner giving and those who give.
16. Pray for peace and prosperity of Uganda.
17. Pray for a secure future for Uganda.
18. Pray for political and public leaders in Uganda.
19. Pray for God to deliver Africa from foreign bondage and looters.
20. Pray for God to deliver Africa from bad leaders.
21. Pray for God to save Africa.
22. Pray for God to empower you and every member of VCCMI to witness Christ.
23. Pray for an open heaven over your home, business, job, children, projects, etc. Make sure you honor God by paying your tithes to open the heaven and keep it open:
Malachi 3:8-12 KJV
“Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.”
24. Pray for every evil covering over your life, home, work place, business etc to catch fire and come down in Jesus’ name.
25. Pray for God to help you become a faithful servant serving through your church.
26. Pray for divine wisdom to manifest in your words and actions.
27. Pray for God to enable you walk in love and be at peace with others.
28. Pray for God to give you the grace to live by the covenant.
29. Pray for VCCMI to carry out its Vision.
30. Pray for God to enable you understand your purpose.
31. Pray as the Spirit leads you and listen to his voice daily during
your quiet time.
Pr. George Oduch
General Overseer VCCMI.